Monday, October 4, 2010

be thankful for what u have.

i once again quarreled with my parents yesterday when i asked if they would like to try vegetarian food. dad's rebuke hurt me. i know it's difficult for them to understand the choice i made. yes, i do hope they can join my cause, but from the situation now, it will be naive to think they will. my only hope is that they show their support by doing very simple things like asking my maid to cook a portion of non meat dish separately.

surprisingly my sis who has been at odds with me is the one who touched me when she prepared nice food for me during our family bbq. she did asparagus with cheese in chappati (poh pia skin).

yati is also someone whom i want to thank a lot. she's the most understanding family member. she makes me side dishes when dinner comprises of mainly meat or when she knows i dislike a particular dish. she is like my second mother ;)

of coz, yc who always fights to treat us vegetarian food and gl who makes nice ohana crunch and other specialities in the making. fel and angie who totally support the cause. max who happily and willingly hosted vegetarian steamboat for ohanies when he doesn't benefit from it. gl and yy who accompanied us to the outdoors acres event without complaining about the sweltering afternoon. zr and zhuang who didn't mind vegetarian steamboat~

yc told me jingyi thanked her friends for accepting her for who she is, that includes being a vegan. i didnt understand the need to say thank you. but having gone through the struggle with my parents, i understood. i was naive to think that your loved ones, family and friends, will always support u in what u do. but the fact is no, and i got to be thankful to the people who supports my cause. and im sure one day, i will thank my parents for supporting that particular one!

2 comments: