Monday, July 11, 2011

u are not a loner in a marathon

initially was quite sian when i got to run alone but its true that its difficult to find friends who have the same pace as you when u are running competitively.

felt even lonelier when i missed the 15km wave and being among the 10km wave.. i had lagged 15mins behind my wave (though it wouldnt affect my timing with the timing chip attached on our bib).

chiong until i saw ppl of my wave, and happier when i saw the 9km mark, im halfway through! i kept chanting to myself 'laggi sikit' (a little bit more). duno why i said in malay. it's not to say a little more to the end point but to push myself to increase my pace a little more when i slowed down.

2 encounters with fellow runners, a guy ran beside me and said 'good' with a thumbs up sign and took over. further up around 12km, i ran aside an old indian man, i smiled at him and he was very friendly and said hello, how are you. i told him that he is good. he said this is his first marathon and it's 15km. such strong mental and physical power! thereafter i ran ahead... *reminds me when climbing mount rinjani when we exchange sincere words of encouragement with climbers from all over the world, i love that vibe!

and there were volunteers who were really nice. there was this little boy, prob lower sec, poured 100 plus and distributed to the runners, asking 'would you like a cup of 100 plus?'. i really appreciated his service, smiled and said 'thank you very much'. and there were some other volunteers who cheered us on, their encouragement can be really important. to me, a reminder 'you are near halfway there already, jiayou!' can make me more motivated.

towards the end, at the last 1km, i was really excited and dashed to the finishing point. that feeling was great~

i was not alone through the race... ;)


Ho'oponopono - Heal ourselves before healing others

2 comments:

  1. wa ur post gave me some goosebumps. positive ones dun wry :)

    haha, we're nt alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i am proud of you!! :D

    Also reminded me of ur endless encouragement during the last NUS marathon. Really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete