Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Power of God.

I always always have stage frights... especially when it comes to presenting in front of my adm filmmaking course mates. I always come up with weird ideas in my mind to escape presentations; falling sick, fabricating excuses, class got cancelled etc. But none of these happened...

Yesterday, I prayed to God, to give me the strength to be more confident. Ive always tried to negotiate with him so that I dont have to present but the more I bring it up, the more he pushes me to do it. Slowly, step by step, I presented from 3 presentations in mid terms to the final presentation at Producing class.

As usual, was very nervous before the presentation and practised a few times until I was comfortable. I totally shocked myself when I didnt have any script and everything came off my head when I presented our mood board and other location pictures. And another thing that shocked me was all my 5 slides are pictures, no words to refer to. The last thing That shocked me was I felt comfortable throughout the presentation, all smiles, loud and clear, though with a little trembling voice.

            
Mood Board

It was really a big relief after the presentation and yes, I did feel really good. Last week, our lecturer announced that he would be raising the stakes for the presentations. The team who has the best FYP short film pitch will get some sponsorship money, though $250, which is like 1% of our budget, is really good and encouraging enough for us. The class votes on the best pitch and he will decide who gets it.

After all the presentations and lectures, he announced that the winner goes to 'Full Out'. Though I have expected we will be one of the few in contention for the prize among the 10 groups, I let out a big gasp, literally, mouth widened upon hearing our project name.

Even without the prize, I felt that Ive won, especially in winning myself. The prize was a bonus for us, a recognition of our creative efforts. I'm really glad and God is the first whom I thanked, who gave me the strength to go on and most importantly, made me feel comfortable in front of my course mates.

Everytime after I got over the feeling of dread due to bad things that have happened, I will make a point to thank God, sincerely, because I believe what is conveyed in the picture below is true.



Ho'oponopono - Heal ourselves before healing others

4 comments:

  1. fantastic job zhi, u've overcome a hurdle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I realize this is somewhat off-topic but I needed to ask.
    Does running a well-established blog like yours take a massive
    amount work? I am brand new to blogging but I do write in my journal every day.
    I'd like to start a blog so I can easily share my own experience and feelings online. Please let me know if you have any kind of ideas or tips for new aspiring blog owners. Appreciate it!

    Check out my web blog ... play roulette online

    ReplyDelete