Thursday, March 10, 2011

Passion...

Burning or Burnt?

When i think that i have the passion to do something, do i really persist? or do the passion dies down, worse, burnt?

Passion, a word so dreamily beautiful yet so misleading...

We always say we regret doing something or regret making a choice cause we realise it is not what we exactly want.

Sometimes, probably it's not about the burnt passion but more of am I doing enough to revive the passion? I would want to keep the passion burning, not seeing it burnt and choose to give up.

Previously, was talking about this anime, 'Whisper of the Heart' and how it managed to find its way into my heart. This girl who has the passion to be a writer and she writes and writes and after hearing the comment of an old man, she realises she cant succeed with her standard. The old man told her. 'Having the passion to do something is not enough, you can't imagine how much work you have to do to reach there.'

So whenever I feel that my passion is nearly burnt, I tell myself it's because I haven't put in the painful tremendous effort that I cannot imagine how big it is and I haven't learn to cultivate the interest for something I see as my passion.

Ironic as it seems, but I guess like photography, once I know the rule, I know how to and can break it. This is a healthy attachment I would say ;)

origin of suffering = attachment

1 comment: