Thursday, November 18, 2010

what should you do? the love guru is in u.

its always a good qtn to ask yourself when u witness unpleasant stuff... when u see someone fall, when u see people being discriminated due to their race, capabilities, what should you do?

our angie is a good role model wor... there was one day when she saw an old man vomiting in the bus and there arent anyone around who did anything to help, some people even shunned. she stood up and approached the bus driver to ask for assistance. though neither angie nor the driver could do anything about it, at least a small act of kindness, an initiative was made.

if i were there? i would most probably be the passive bystander too. i watch the 'what should you do' series and learned about the term called 'bystander effect'. the more the witnesses, the less probability that someone will stand up to help coz ppl assume the victim will be helped. how sad is that? and no doubt im guilty about it.

was so touched by the heroes and heroines i see in the videos. there are even scenarios where a life can be threatened. this video on hate crime shows the footage of 3 teenage american actors attacking a guy of a different race, using no weapons. many people just walked past. and when everything seemed bleak, a car passed by and stopped. a woman came out, without any man accompanying her, she alone approached the 3 teenagers and told them to stop. what exactly overcame her? her selflessness came from her instinct, without asking herself, she knows what she should do when she sees something like that. not only is she the victim's heroine, she's my heroine too.

the inspiring videos teach us to spread your love not only to our loved ones but beyond them, to even strangers. i will start learning to.

p.s thanks girls for appreciating my food! though it probably doesnt taste really good, at least i know i put effort in it and will continue to!


origin of suffering = attachment

8 comments:

  1. I thought the food was good! But next time don't put mushrooms can? I don't like mushroomssssssssssss >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. frankly speaking, i really forgot... paisae... there are quite some food that u dont like and i cant rem except for seafood~ anyway, the mushroom very little only and the taste is overpowered by the fish~ so it's actually edible.. but i will be mindful nxt time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zhiwei.. Same sentiments :'( We may have the kind intentions within, but it's the part about carrying out the action that's daunting for some people. Would like to share this quote i saw, "发心容易,恒心难。" Will we persist?

    p.s. Btw, your food was good la really! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yap! not only do we have to persist but also have to carry the actions out ;) woots~

    u seemed to enjoyed the food most! thanks so much for appreciating me food and effort! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah zhi, it's really nice lar. And i really like your breakfast today! the sauce with the noodle is actually quite nice! Thanks so much for the breakfast although I din manage to finish it. Thanks to yati too!

    Shall go your house stayover again after exam! Can eat your breakfast again. Fel and lian can try too~

    ReplyDelete
  6. yap welcome! im so willing to share to u all my simple yet tasty breakfast. do come for the next round! will use different ingredients and a different suace ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoaaaa zw! I was literally blown off track by your post! since when you're so philosophical. lol. but I was inspired, indeed. :) From the other side of the world, you've made me feel more human again.

    The very essence of love, or rather, "true" relationship is sadly very lacking here. For the past few months, I'd been rather desensitised, detaching myself from my emotions as a protective defense against all the pretense happening around me, so that I wouldn't be affected emotionally. I felt as if I couldn't let down my guard anytime soon. A very unfortunate circumstance indeed.

    But you've successfully made me ponder about such a simple thing - love, again. :) Yeah, probably love is all about simplicity, all about kindness. And perhaps love is reciprocal and might penetrate this circle of pretense after all. Yup, I shall try to love, all over again. :)

    Anyway.... my initial intention of commenting is to thank you for your encouragement on my tagboard. :D But since I'm already here, I'll just take this opportunity to thank you for being such a great friend all these years, someone who actually cares and bothers about me. In fact, "great" is an understatement, but my not-so-awesome vocab is limited. I have never cherished friendship any much more than now.... now that I virtually have none.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jane, sent u an email. I should give credit to my friends, especially yuci for who i am now, who have shared so much with me. and u are one of them! i will learn from ur determination and study hard for my exam!!!

    ReplyDelete