Thursday, June 17, 2010

nostalgia attack

went to yy's house course yc said she wanna play his piano. gl and i were slacking on the sofa while yy was playing a melodious piece for yc... so sweet... heh... unable to suppress the nostalgia inside me, i joined them too, requesting yy to teach me, or rather once again familiarise myself with the notes on the score. and it's really magical at that moment after warming myself up, i felt i was back as a kid, practising an unfamiliar piece.

it has been near 10 years i haven't been touching the piano. i quitted at grade 3 course i dislike going to lessons in a group, or more likely an excuse for my lack of passion towards the instrument. A few yrs ago, due to space constraint, i were persuaded to sell the piano and my dad said he probably will buy a keyboard. i bought a drama songs score book, hoping to get my foot back in playing the piano.

that night, i returned home and told my dad i wanna buy a keyboard. usually he remained silent, that's normal. then sis and i always continue harping on the things we wanna buy and observe his facial expression. looked ok, then i added on 你知道啦,我那么男人,爬山爬这个爬那个,要懂一点音乐才不会显得那么粗鲁。我学这个其实是为未来做打算,要女人一点才会有人要我,才能嫁出去咯。my dad then smiled a little, amused. hee... then i said keyboard not very ex bah? like less than a thousand? he answered got cheap got ex de lo, depends on quality.

from his willingness to respond, can interpret that buying a piano is still not out of question, there's a possibility. things that he die die wont buy will be like rollar skates which i eventually bought behind his back when i was P6? that time he rather buy a discman which cost thrice the rollar skates. but ya, i wont force him to buy things like i did when i was a kid. see how lo, no matter how old am i, i will always pursue the things that i want to do.

6 comments:

  1. Aww.. I can sense that your papa really loves you la, without even saying it. It's really your style~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg hunny, im telling you, piano is SoooOOooo not enuff to help u.

    You know you love me,
    XOXO
    Gossip Girl <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, let's keep learning~ and yap, im lucky to have such a great dad, handsome somemore... wahaha... oei max, what say u sia, if piano cannot i go learn guitar.. haa

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha learn guitar liao teach me! :D and thankyou zhiwei, my temp job really sucks! update you more when we next meet ;) hope ure doing good! ((:

    ReplyDelete
  5. yap sure collen! kkz, meet soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete